I recently received an email from one of our regular readers informing me of an upcoming event at the American Museum of Natural History, a first-Friday of the month program with live music, drinks, dancing and extended museum hours. You’ve probably read about such events in the New York Times and a quick Google search provides a list of similar events at neighboring museums, vying for your dollars and dancing feet. Rather than highlight one, I’m going to list a few that I came across and let you decide how you’ll spend your next Friday night!
- One Step Beyond, American Museum of Natural History (first Friday of the month), $: $20 plus free pass to museum for future use
- Whitney After Hours, Whitney Museum (every Friday), $: Pay what you wish
- Free Music Fridays, American Folk Art Museum, (every Friday), $: Free
- Friday Nights at the K2 Lounge, Rubin Museum of Art (every Friday), $: Free admission after 7 pm (FYI: Happy Hour drink specials end at 7 pm, touché RMA)
- Get Weird: Experimental and Freaky Jams, New Museum, (selected Thursdays/Fridays), $: (typically) $12
If you come across any other programs in the NYC area, please do comment!